- I'm running. A little bit. Like maybe 30-35 miles a week.
- I love running. I love the endorphins and tired happy feeling I get from running. I love how it clears my head and allows my heart to open up. I love running.
- Running takes a lot more work these days than it used to. At least on these hills. I guess I'm still in that mode where I am tired of training hard but yet having something to train for can be a source of motivation that I like having.
- I'm kind of training LIGHTLY for the Savannah Rock n' Roll Marathon on my birthday (November 9th).
- I say "Kind of" because I'm so noncommittal these days. This whole "train for fun" thing might not be so fun for me because really, marathons aren't so fun when you think of it. I mean, if you're not prepared and well trained, a marathon can really SUCK. Far from fun. But if you're trained adequately (and that takes focus and commitment), a marathon can be one of the most powerful things in life! It still hurts, but it can definitely be fun and rewarding.
- So, I might need to either step it up a notch and make set a goal or just do the half instead. THAT sounds a lot more fun. And A LOT easier on my body. Especially if I'm going to be running a spring marathon.
- Spring Marathon. Might be Boston. But honestly, since I ran Boston this year for "fun" (again, still not so fun at the end) and didn't push myself too much because of my low iron and having just done Napa Valley Marathon, my time wasn't what I think I'll need to get in again. Obviously, nobody knew that there would be bombings and that it would be so hard to get in this coming year. So I'll be very surprised if I get in with a 3:35:xx even if my qualifying time was 3:40. I think it will be TOUGH this year.
- If I don't get into Boston, I have hopes that I'll still be there to cheer my husband on! He's trained so smart and so hard and it's almost time for his marathon where he will put it all out there and go for it!
- My body feels okay now. The thing that is tricky is that once the mileage increases, I tend to skip the important things like core work, strength, etc....the stuff that helps us stay injury free. I've GOT to make time for this stuff! It's important.
- My paces are okay. Just okay. I haven't done any speed or fancy workouts. Just running. I did a pace run the other day and that felt good ...5 miles@7:31 pace. But my attempted 14 miles this past Saturday SUCKED! I ended up with 11 miles@ 8:15 average but I felt like HECK! Might have been the beer and pizza the night before and the fact that I was running mid day but it still sucked! I should have been shooting for an 8:30ish average considering my fitness level right now. My 10 miles @ 8:09 average just 2 weeks earlier felt fantastic though. In fact, I have that run to thank for even thinking of training again.
- So, maybe it's a good idea to be less WISHY WASHY with my training if I'm going to do it. And more sticking to a plan man. Or just truly running for fun and cutting the distance for Savannah to a fun half.
- My husband is trying to convince me to get into more trail racing. He wants to do ultra races. And he'd love if I jumped in on that with him. I have to wrap my head around this idea but I could see myself really falling in love with ultra trail racing if I had the time. I do LOVE to get out and run on the trails. I always feel happy when I have an excuse to slip on my Brooks Cascadias or PureGrits and take in the beauty of the trails. Nothing quite like that.
- This GIRL is super inspirational to me lately. Her energy is contagious! Love seeing her pictures on Instagram and Facebook. And love watching her reach her goals! Thank you Jessica!
- Lots going on in the motherhood and life department! But that's for another post. Lots of reading, exploring the Blue Ridge Mountains, getting the kids started in school, and reminding myself of the things that really matter in life. I'm excited for this chapter in my life. This one. Not the last one or the next one but the one I'm in right NOW! It's off to a great start!
You can also find Runninghood on: